Swimming Pool Safety Tips
Making sure that you have a water safety system is the best way to ensure a safe and fun experience in a residential swimming pool or spa. Parents and families can build on their current safety practices by adopting water safety steps in their home pools and spas.
Drowning is a preventable cause of death and injury for children. By putting proven safety behaviors and systems into practice, you and your family will be much more secure in, and around, public and residential pools. Create a pool safety toolkit to have near your pool or spa, to ensure that if the worst happens, you are ready to respond.
What should be in a pool safety toolkit for your home pool or spa?
- A first aid kit.
- A pair of scissors to cut hair, clothing or a pool cover, if needed.
- A charged portable telephone to call 91.1
- A flotation device.
The following are additional safety steps from Tucson Air Conditioning and Home Maintenance that you can adopt at your residential pool or spa:
- Keep children away from pool drains, pipes, and other openings to avoid entrapment.
- Have a portable telephone close by at all times when you, or your family, are using a pool or spa.
- Share safety instructions with family, friends, and neighbors.
- Install a four-foot or taller fence around the pool and spa, and use self-closing and self-latching gates.
- Install and use a lockable safety cover on your spa.
- If your house serves as a fourth side of a fence around a pool, install door alarms, and always use them. For additional protection, install window guards on windows facing pools or spas.
- Install pool and gate alarms to alert you when children go near the water.
- Ensure any pool and spa you use has compliant drain covers.
- Maintain pool and spa covers in good working condition.
- Consider using a surface wave or underwater alarm.
If you prefer to hire a company whose first priority is your family’s safety, and who provides the best service and price, then Tucson Air Conditioning and Home Maintenance is a great choice! Please contact us at (520) 481-6703